Visions of my surroundings
A quick blog before Sunday night at the Oscar’s….
I am brainstorming ideas on different types of drinks which may benefit me and have put together the following ingredients for my own detox drink which I am preparing tonight and will try tomorrow morning.
1 Liter water
1 small cucumber washed ,sliced, keep the peel
1 lemon cleaned and cut into slices
1 orange cleaned and cut into slices
Pouch of green tea
1/2 tsp maple syrup or honey
Boil the water, add lemons and oranges and boil for about 10 minutes.
Remove from stove top and add your tea bag simmer for another 10 minutes, remove tea bag.
Let cool, add cucumber slices
Put in mason jar overnight in your fridge.
Drink about a glass first thing morning…you can add 1/2 tsp of honey or maple syrup to sweeten…
This prep should be good for about 3-4 mornings.
The best intant pot Roast!
As an Instant Pot not so newbie I have tried cooking a few more recipes and found this to be delish!
I like to start the short process which takes about 1 hour cooking time and another 15 minutes prep and winding down time, usually on a sunday afternoon…
- 1 (2-pound) roast, blade, or european cut
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped into large pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock or enough to cover your meat
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp flour or cornstarch
- Set up your Instant pot to the sauté setting and heat oil
- Flour your beef , add salt and black pepper, brown meat on all sides
- Add your onions, garlic
- Stir in beef stock, worchestire, bay leaf and scrapie any browned bits from the sides.
- Select manual setting -pressure to high, and set time for 60 minutes.
- When finished cooking, natural release pressure
- Remove beef, set on platter
- Remove the hot liquid and strain it in a fine colander ,
- Return strained liquid to instant pot to make a gravy
- Set up to sauté setting and let boil, stirring in cornstarch or flour to thicken mixture and cook to a gravy consistency about 2-3 minutes.
Serve beef and gravy with your choice of accompaniments,..
I like to serve this beef and gravy over egg noodle pasta…
Enjoy and eat well!